On May 6, 2018 the Victory Day celebrations took place in Vancouver.
The Immoptal Regiment main office in Vancouver invited citizens and all our countrymen to become members of our parade for celebration the Victory Day! Russian-speaking community and other communities in British Columbia took part in the celebration in its former capital New Westminster from where our allies have been leaving to the front.
We invited everyone who honored memory about their fathers, grandfathers, mothers, grandmothers and other family members who were struggling against fascism. Those who knows importance of remembering the true history of our long suffering country, those who somehow felt touch of the Great Patriotic War. Every time we feel triumph and lost in unforgettable atmosphere during the meeting.
While preparing for the celebration you shared with us your stories. Portraits we were carrying seemed to be alive and we found out more about our heroes!
Thank you for your photos and signs of your heroes – a veteran, Homefront worker, partisan, survivor of siege, resistance fighter.
Thank you for several lines about him and his battle route.
We remember, we are proud!
Activity plan for the Victory Day 2018
May, 6 – 10 p.m.
- The Immortal Regiment forming, meeting in Hyack Square, New Westminster, British Columbia V3M 1B6
- Fleshmob with participation of Chorus Juventus under the guidance of Olga Tokmakova
May, 6 – 11.00 p.m.
- Car rally down the streets in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge to the Monastery of All Saints in Mission.
For more details come to a store “Russian world” to a rally coordinator Inna Mikhailova – tel. 604-687-5762.
May, 6 – 12.30 p.m.
- Victory Day celebration in the Monastery of All Saints, Mission. Address: 37323 Hawkins Pickle Rd, Dewdney, BC
- Walking with portraits of our relatives and close people who were killed at the front
- Memorable meeting and laying flowers in front of the monument to those who were killed during the World War too at the Monastery area
- Traditional planting trees in the Memory Park
- Common cost lunch
- Little holiday concert prepared by an art collective “Serebro”. The participants are Chorus Juventus under the guidance of Olga Tokmakova. We will sing our favorite songs together.
Our dear friends, this is a celebration for us all. We invite everyone who wishes to help us arranging events, and we will be grateful for any assistance.
First of all we need a transport to deliver our veterans to Mission. You may take one or two veterans to deliver. You may also donate for arrangements. Draw checks for the Multicultural Russian Speaking Association of BC. You will get a receipt for full donation. Money is necessary for transportation, food, trees purchase and delivery, cleaning the Victory park territory with two memorable monuments nearby.
Transport information – Inna Mikhailova, “Russian world” store. Sponsors assistance – Alik Schastlivenko.
Those who will to take part in arrangements committee work, please call 778-355-7377 or write firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Immortal Regiment is an uncommercial, non-political, non – governmental citizens’ initiative. Any person may become a member.
We remember, we are proud!
More details about the event: store “Russian world”
по тел. 604.687.5762 и по тел. 778-355-7377